Thursday, November 16, 2006

Commerce and Advertising in Africa

Businesses and Advertising in Malawi

As I have traveled through Malawi I have seen some very interesting store fronts and business signs. Below is a collection of the photos that best represent this part of life here in Malawi. I hope to be adding more photos as I come across new ones, so visit this post again.

Highway sign on the road to Mzuzu:



Highway sign on the road to Zomba:



Competition is tough between the telephone bureaus. Here is my favorite that is located in Mzuzu:




Food vendor in Cape Maclear:




Two of the major supermarkets in Malawi. These are in Dedza:






Internet cafes can be found almost everywhere these days. This one is in Ntcheu:




There is a University of Vancouver – Malawi campus:



And my favorite sign comes from Lusaka, Zambia: