Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nepal Rivers - Lower Seti

October 18th - 19th Lower Seti River:

I headed to Pokhara to begin my river portion of the trip. I had planned to run the Trisuli River, however after taking a look at it during the bus ride from Kathmandu, it did not look like that much fun (lots of flat water). So I decided to skip it and move onto the next warm-up river, the Lower Seti. I was able to rent my boating gear from Charly at Ganesh Kayaks in Pokhara. Charly is an incredibly helpful guy and has a great selection of boats and even had a bent shaft paddle for me and a brand new spray skirt to use. So I can highly recommend Ganesh Kayaks if you ever find yourself in Pokhara and in need of boating gear and river beta.
I went along with the rafting company - Paddle Nepal’s trip. Luckily, there were 3 other kayakers on the trip, so I was able to enjoy the company of fellow boaters. It was nice to paddle in warm water!! This was an easy class II/III river andis done in 2 days, so we camped out on the river one night.

Waterfall all the Seti: