Thursday, October 06, 2011

Nepal Trek: Day 13

October 6th – Gorak Shep to Dingboche:

17,008ft/5184m to 14,272ft/4350m (6 1/2 hrs hiking)

Started the day watching the sun rising behind Nuptse and shining on Pumo Ri. I decided to spend the night in Gorek Shep for the morning mountains and was so happy that I did!!
This was an easy day hike down the Khumbu valley to Dingboche. Clear skies again, I think the monsoon season is finally finished.
Ran into a number of other trekkers that I had met throughout the trip, and was nice to say hellos and goodbyes to these new friends.

One last good yak train:


I came across a wonderful tea shop and had to stop and have tea, even though I just stopped for my morning teabreak 1 hour before.


Local woman along the trail:


Stupa above Dingboche:


Moon above Ama Dablam: